Take a look at Junior Service League!
Junior Service League of Independence is looking for women interested in joining their dynamic organization. Membership in Junior Service League involves you in community leadership, service to others and personal development. Through our organization, your varying talents and experiences are brought into strong focus on all types of community needs.
For over 70 years, Junior Service League members have supported the shaping of Independence and the greater Eastern Jackson County communities. Through contributing countless service hours and significant monetary gifts, Junior Service League has been a constant and reliable resource in the continuing development of our communities.
The mission of JSL is to connect and empower women to positively impact the community through service.
About Provisional Membership
Provisional members are those who are engaged in meeting the requirements for admission to Active membership by completing the Provisional Course which occurs over a 8-month time frame. The Provisional Course is available September 21st to May 1st.
The Provisional Course includes an orientation retreat as well as attending monthly business meetings. The objectives of the Provisional Course are:
- To establish a cohesive group relationship and to emphasize the importance of working together to achieve common goals
- To become aware of the purpose of JSL and its operation
- To become aware of JSL history and heritage
- To become aware of the role of JSL in the community
- To become aware of the historical, governmental, civic and social service aspects of the community, as well as the school system
Volunteering is at the very heart of our organization and is a requirement of membership. Junior Service League members participate in several volunteer service projects each year. Service projects give us the ability to work together to serve our community.
Provisional Member Eligibility
- At least 21 years of age
- Have a current JSL member sponsor
Financial Commitment of Provisional Year
- Provisional Course Fees of $50 due with application. You can pay by check sent to the clubhouse or online – Provisional Course Fee
- Provisional Dues of $55 due October 1st. You can pay by check sent to the clubhouse or online – Provisional Membership Dues
For more information about the benefits and requirements of membership in Junior Service League, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 816-461-0027.
Are you ready to become a member? Do you have a JSL sponsor? Start your application process